Skip to main content

About the Trio

A brief introduction from each of us. We will have more in the About Us tab.
Charleston, SC

Hi! I'm Kelsey. I work as a middle school counselor and volunteer as a mentor. I enjoy working with the youth of our community, but my passion is definitely traveling or eating. I can say I got the travel bug on my first trip abroad to Costa Rica. It was a terrifying experience at first, but once I learned I could figure things out on my own, have fun, meet new wonderful people and see things I never imagined I would see then I just felt like I needed to see more, learn more, do more and it just never seemed like it was enough. So here I am years later still trying to see the world one small trip at a time.

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
My name is Joey. If I could spend every waking moment enjoying new sight and new smells I would do it. Yet, I can't so until then I work hard to play hard. My lovely wife and best friend share these traveling commonalities of adventure, relaxation and cuisine. Come share our adventures!

Fairmont Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Canada
Hey, ya'll!  My name is Yona Wade and I love politics, the arts and travel. As I ponder life's ebb and flow.  I know this much. I love great food, fantastic wine and perfected destinations.  All this is made better by exploring with life long friends. Life's too short.  Come travel with Cherokee's Traveling Trio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanting Edinburgh

Back to my most favorite city I have yet to visit, Edinburgh. If a city was considered the love of my life I have to say this would be it. I have never felt more alive or enchanted by a city.Those first few minutes when you are arriving in the city just amaze me. The beauty, architecture, old city feel, I literally feel transported back in time. While here we visited the castle, traveled various closes, hiked to Arthur's Seat and just took in all the beauty we could over a few days. Arriving at Waverley Station Beautiful view on Advocates Close, just a few more steps down to Devil's Advocate a fantastic bar! Night view as we walked down Royal Mile Panorama view from Arthur's Seat Just breathtaking! Inspiration for Diagon Alley in the Grassmarket area "Best Place for a Castle Selfie" in Edinburgh We had so much fun exploring the city before we headed to the Scottish Highlands and made friends with the hairy coo!

Aruba: One Happy Island

Cherokee's Traveling Trio went to Aruba! We were thrilled to be heading to the beach and enjoyed a relaxing trip away. We laid on the beach for hours and soaked up the sun.  We stayed at the RIU Palace Aruba, which is a beautiful all inclusive resort on the famous Palm Beach. We enjoyed being by the pool or enjoy the huts on the beach, if you want a beach hut be sure to get up early and get out there with your stuff. They are quickly taken by eager beach bums. The water is blue and calm, which makes for a most relaxing day near the water. The walk back to the hotel takes seconds, but security checks to make sure you are a guest of the hotel before allowing entrance.   One day we took our rental car out to explore the island. We drove to the Natural Bridge and up to the North side of the island. We did a little off roading, not intentionally, but we seen the side of the island that most people don't. We enjoyed taking our time to see all around, but...

Luck O' the Irish

After a quick flight we arrive in Dublin, Ireland. We hop on the wrong airlink bus, so we end up about 30 minutes away from our Airbnb, Uber to the rescue and get us to the right place. We have a great private room near the Jameson Distillery. Once we arrive we take a nap and head out to see Temple Bar area and to get some food. We enjoy walking around checking out all the nightlife, it makes me feel like were on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. There are just so many people out and about and Irish music coming from every direction. As we are walking along it is hard to come from such a beautiful city to Dublin, since it looks very industrial yet it still has so much charm. We enjoy the sites of Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's Cathedral, the Spire and Temple Bar District. One of my favorite breakfast places to eat at is Queen of Tarts. I absolutely love the atmosphere here and the food is phenomenal! My favorite dinner place in Dublin is The Old Storehouse. I enjoy coming here to eat, b...